Welcome to the National Contact Point for Health
On this website you will find information about European funding for research and innovation in the field of health and about our services.
Specifically, we provide assistance to individuals and institutions looking for European funding of research and innovation activities in the field of health, especially in the Health Cluster of Horizon Europe.
About Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe is the framework programme for research and innovation of the European Union. It provides 95.5 billion funding for the years 2021-2027. It is structured into three four pillars:
- Pillar I: Excellent Science
- Pillar II: Global challenges and European industrial competitiveness
- Pillar III: Innovative Europe
Each pillar has its own characteristics and it is worth looking into all of them. All provide funding opportunities for health research, however, one programme part is specifically dedicated to health: the Cluster Health within Pillar II. This pillar aims at tackling global challenges and to boost Europe’s industrial competitiveness. It consists of a total of six clusters that are broken down into individual Destinations around overarching themes. One of these clusters is the Health Cluster. For this Cluster, a budget of 8.25 billion euro over the 7-year period of Horizon Europe is foreseen.
The overreaching aim of the Health Cluster is improving and protecting the health and well-being of citizens of all ages. To achieve this goal Cluster Health supports the generation of new knowledge and the development of innovative solutions in order to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases. Furthermore, it provides funding for research and innovation projects that address the development of health technologies, mitigating health risks, protecting populations and promoting good health and well-being, also in the work place. Research and Innovation funded under the Health Cluster should also contribute to making public health systems more cost-effective, equitable and sustainable, preventing and tackling poverty-related diseases, and supporting and enabling patients' participation and self-management.
Further, within the framework of Horizon Europe, five EU Missions aim to provide solutions to the major challenges facing Europe. One of these missions addresses the topic of "Cancer".
As the National Contact Point for Health, we advise and inform you on the topics and calls for proposals of the Health Cluster and the Mission Cancer.
The tasks of the National Contact Point for Health include the following:
- We provide consultation and support to intensify Germany’s involvement in Horizon Europe, especially in the Health Cluster and the Mission Cancer.
- We provide support by finding the right call for proposals for you and offer individual advice for all those who want to participate in health-related projects.
- In a wide range of events/trainings online or on site, we inform about funding opportunities and provide practical assistance in preparing applications.
- Our newsletter provides you with the latest information on calls for proposals and events.
- We inform you about current developments and background information.
Calls & Events